Friday, March 31, 2006

David Nevue Goes Hip-Hop?

Well, not exactly.

I was contacted by a Hip-Hop/Rap artist who goes by the name of "Meistro" who wanted to sample a few seconds of my song "Overcome" in one of his beats. I gave him the OK since it was a private project done just for fun. I thought it came out pretty cool...

So take a listen to "Real Life" by Meistro. My music starts about 1:10 into the song.

It's a bit repetitive as it's just more or less a "mood piece" but I like it. It's hypnotic, and has a nice, laid back vibe about it, especially once it gets going. If you just close your eyes, you can kind of get lost in the moment. It reminds me of just sitting on the beach at night listening to the repetitive crash of the waves.

What's great about this sort of thing is that "Meistro" told me he spends 95% of his time listening to nothing but Rap and Hip-Hop music. However, when he heard my piano music, he had to get it. So he bought five of my CDs!

I just love how good music can cross musical boundaries not normally crossed!

Cheers,

David Nevue
http://www.davidnevue.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's so cool! really cool.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home