Thursday, December 08, 2005

Notes from the Piano - Dec. 2005

Notes from the Piano of David Nevue
December 2005
E-News for friends and fans of pianist David Nevue
http://www.davidnevue.com


IN THIS ISSUE....
- NEW SHEET MUSIC is HERE!
- AN EVENING of WORSHIP for CHRISTMAS in HARRISBURG, OR
- DECEMBER PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
- BOOKING NOW for 2006
- CDs for CHRISTMAS
- A 99 Cent FAVOR?
- OTHER NEWS

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are looking forward to Christmas as much as I am this year! Our youngest, Noelle, is two years old now so between her and her five year old brother Nathan, the holidays are getting to be so much fun! Shopping for the kids was a BLAST this year, plus it gave my wife and I a very good reason to have a night out alone together - always a plus!

And to help put you in the mood for Christmas, I have a little surprise for you...

CHRISTMAS SHEET MUSIC!

It's finally available! I'm very sorry it took so long, but at this point I'm just glad to have it out before Christmas came and went! Five more of my arrangements from my CD "O Come Emmanuel" are now available as sheet music to purchase and download from my web site.

These include:

O Come, O Come Emmanuel
Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus
We Three Kings
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Away in a Manger

You can buy them individually for $3.95, or all five together in a package for $14.95. Just go to http://www.davidnevue.com/sheetmusic.htm

Happy playing!

----

AN EVENING of WORSHIP for CHRISTMAS in HARRISBURG, OREGON
On Friday, December 16th, at 7:00 pm I will be leading a time of worship and celebration of the birth of Jesus at Calvary Chapel Tri-County in Harrisburg, Oregon. I'll be playing piano along with Nicole Coppi on vocals and guitar, and Josh Lilly on the bass. The church is located at 231 Smith Street in Harrisburg. Here's a map: http://tinyurl.com/5nl7f.

I hope those of you who are local can come. I think this is going to be a very special evening. It's going to be a mellow, worshipful, time to remember and celebrate the reason for the season. The service is, of course, free to everyone. Childcare will be provided.

----

OTHER PERFORMANCES IN DECEMBER....

Here are my upcoming performance dates and times. These are all at Valley River Center mall in Eugene, Oregon.

I'll be playing at Valley River Center on...
Friday, December 9th, 6pm-8pm, Free
Saturday, December 10th, 12pm-2pm, Free
Sunday, December 11th, 1pm-3pm, Free
Wednesday, December 14th, 5pm-7pm, Free
Saturday, December 17th, 12pm-2pm, Free
Monday, December 19th, 5pm-7pm, Free
Wednesday, December 21st, 5pm-7pm, Free
Thursday, December 22nd, 6pm-8pm, Free
Friday, December 23rd, 7pm-9pm, Free
Saturday, December 24th, 9am-11am and 1pm-4pm. Free

See http://www.davidnevue.com/calendar.htm for more details. Dates and times ARE subject to change so be sure to check the web site before coming down.

---

BOOKING NOW for 2006....

I'm ACTIVELY BOOKING concerts for 2006! States where I have firm plans of traveling to (or through) include California, Georgia, Missouri, Alabama, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. If you live in any of these states (or nearby), and would like to help put together a concert, please get in touch with me. I would LOVE the chance to come and play a concert for your church, event, benefit, or even a HOUSE CONCERT if you have a decent piano.
Imagine how great it would be to invite all your family and friends for an intimate piano concert at your home!

For details on what's involved, read the info at http://www.davidnevue.com/booking.htm and then email me at dnevue@rainmusic.com

If you live ELSEWHERE, but you'd really like to have me put on a concert for you, please still feel free to contact me. We'll see what we can fit into the calendar. I still have some free spots here and there for 2006.

---

CDs for CHRISTMAS...

With the holidays coming up, please consider purchasing some of my CDs for friends and family as gifts. It's not too late to order and still receive your CDs before Christmas. I would very much appreciate your support.

---

A 99 Cent FAVOR?

I have a 99 cent favor to ask of all of you who have accounts with iTunes, Rhapsody, or any of the other music download services. Would you be so kind as to purchase and download one of my Christmas tunes this month from one of these services? In particular, if you could purchase "O Come Emmanuel" or "Silent Night" that would be great. You see, the more copies of each download I sell, the higher my rankings are on those services. That means that people searching for "Silent Night" on iTunes, etc., are more likely to find my arrangement. It just helps me get my music in front of new people. If you have iTunes installed, here is a link to bring up my page in the iTunes application: http://tinyurl.com/aywqg

Thank you in advance to all of you who are able to help out with the promotion!

---OTHER NEWS...

My blog has been back up and running and regularly updated. See http://davidnevue.blogspot.com/

I'm now on MySpace.com. See http://www.myspace.com/davidnevue

I wrote a tribute to Dax Johnson, a pianist friend of mine who passed away the day before Thanksgiving. See http://tinyurl.com/c8zp6 . Please take the time to read that as Dax was a true friend of mine and a great inspiration on my music, particularly my most recent album, "Overcome."

Speaking of which, "Overcome" got a terrific review by reviewer RJ Lannen. See http://tinyurl.com/bjku5 . The album was also the #2 CD on the New Age Reporter charts for the months of September and October. NAR is basically the "Billboard Magazine" for any music in my particular genre (instrumental, ambient, environmental, acoustic, world, etc.)

Finally, BOTH "Overcome" and "Sweet Dreams & Starlight" will be available from iTunes soon!

---

WHISPERINGS RADIO

As you spend your eight to ten hours at "work" during the day, tune into Whisperings: Solo Piano Radio. The broadcast is a huge hit! We have over 120,000 people a month tuning in now, making it one of the most popular broadcasts on the Internet. At Live365, which is the Internet's largest hosted radio network, we are in the top five most popular stations for ALL music genre's! If you have a fast Internet connection, you can tune in anytime. The broadcast is commercial and ad-free! Just point your browser to http://www.solopianoradio.com/ and click on "Listen Now."

---

That's it for this time.

David Nevue
http://www.davidnevue.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home