Saturday, April 16, 2005

Back to San Francisco....

I'm starting to feel like the San Francisco area is a second home!

I just got invited to play a concert with pianist Brenda Warren in Mill Valley, CA, just north of San Francisco. Scott D. Davis, one of my good friends and an extraordinary pianist will also be joining us. So that will be three pianists for the price of one at a single concert! The date looks like it will be June 5th, though I'm not sure of the venue location yet. Keep an eye on my concert calendar for a solid date, place and time. Or hey, just sign up for my newsletter and I'll email you when I have the info.

This is quite a treat. Brenda's As Years Go By CD is one of my favorite solo piano CDs ever. It's really quite good, and I am really honored that she has asked me to join her for a concert.

So this will make three shows in the San Franciso area this summer (two for sure, one pending but probable). Wow!

I've been doing a lot of traveling lately. May is going to be crazy. I'm going to Hercules, CA for a show, then York and Lancaster PA, then Clarksburg WV and finally Nashville. All that in a month (not to mention local gigs in between). Not that I'm complaining! It's cool to be wanted. :) Believe it or not, two years ago I could barely find a gig, and now I'm starting to book things a year in advance. I love it! I've got to keep control of myself though for my families sake. I really, really, really don't want to get too busy this summer. I MUST spend lots of fun time with my family. I really enjoy the sunshine, and my kids need their papa.

Wow, it's late. Time for sleep. {Yawn}

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home