Saturday, May 28, 2005

An Interesting Week....

I've been rather inundated with work this last week. Far too much to do and too little time, which seems to always be the case. But here's the run down of some interesting events from this week...

First, my trip to Nashville was cancelled. I was going to be speaking on Internet music marketing at a conference held at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, but the conference went WAY overbudget and my workshop got cut. I really didn't mind, as I have too much going on anyway, so it was a relief in a way. I'm just glad I didn't have any other concerts scheduled out in Tennessee while I was there. I might have had to cancel those or else lose a LOT of money on the trip. I've never yet had to cancel a concert. I am always amazed how God is always watching over and taking care me, even in the little things like this. I was wondering why no gig possibilities worked out in the area. Now I know.

Secondly, I took my family to Home Town Buffet last weekend - one of my favorite places to get a decent meal that's not too expensive for a family of four. Anyway, I took my son to use the restroom, and as I had him up on the counter washing his hands after the fact, the gentleman washing his hands next to me, a total stranger, said "how's the piano treating you?" It took me a second to compose myself. Now, it's not all that uncommon for me to be recognized on the street and have people approach me, but this marks the first time someone approached me in the bathroom. :)

Thirdly, my wife and I (and our two children) were in a car accident Tuesday night. We were rear-ended while waiting at a red light. The force of the impact from behind forced us right into the car in front of us. Fortunately, we weren't hit too terribly hard, but we do have some light damage to the car - probably a couple thousand dollars worth. The kids are fine (though Nathan was shaken a bit emotionally), and I seem to be OK, though my back and neck are still pretty sore. Julie got the worst of it - full-out whiplash. The X-Rays show she's going to require some treatment for awhile. My X-Rays turned out fine.

Finally, a couple career-related things popped up in the last two days. One of my fans put me in touch with a program director for a large radio network. I don't know the details of this yet, but if they choose to use my music, it's supposed to be a big deal. This person (or perhaps it's more accurate to say this "network") was described to me as being the "Donald Trump" of radio. I don't know what that means, exactly, but any airplay is good airplay.

And then today, a filmmaker from Courier Twelve pictures approached me about using my music in future films. So that's cool.

And that brings you up to the present....

Good night all.

David

2 Comments:

Blogger Rich Swingle said...

Praying for you folks as you recover from the car wreck. No fun!

That's awesome how God prevented any bookings in Nashville. I thank him often that He's in control of my schedule.

In Christ Alone,
Rich

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the industry leads! Will be praying for your continued success.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home