Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Back from San Fran....

I just returned this afternoon from a weekend in San Francisco. I went down there for a Live365 Internet Radio conference in support of my radio broadcast, Whisperings. Our program was nominated for a "Mikey" award (their version of the Grammy) for best station "branding." Unfortunately, we didn't win. That honor went to Celtic Pub Music, but I'm sure they are very deserving. I was actually quite surprized to be nominated, so I wasn't too disappointed not to win. It would have been cool to have the award sitting on my desk, though. :) Oh well, maybe next year!

At any rate, since I was in San Fran for the conference anyway, I played a house concert at my good friend Kathy Parson's house. Kathy is a piano teacher whom I met years and years ago, and a good many of her piano students are playing and studying my music. I was bummed that only two of her piano students showed up for the concert! We were expecting about twenty of them. However, 25-30 others, fans from the area, did show up, so we had a nice little piano concert in Kathy's living room.

I simply LOVE doing house concerts! This one went very well. Here are the songs I played:

Solutude
The Vigil
Home
While the Trees Sleep
Deep Heaven
Ascending with Angels
Big Snow in Salzburg
One Night at Mozart's
The Kindness of Strangers
Goodnight Moon
Overcome
As the Deer
Words Left Unsaid
The Moment Everything Changed
Sweet Dreams & Starlight
Greensleeves
Taking Flight
No More Tears

Also present at the concert were Scott D. Davis and Kevin Kern, fellow pianists and composers. Scott and I have played together many times (and he's wonderful), but this was the first time I met Kevin. It was really an honor to have Kevin at the show. While Kevin isn't that well-known here in the states, he is a virtual superstar in Asia. Anyway, after the formal show, Scott and Kevin did a bit of "jamming" on the piano. It was great fun!

*Yawn*

I've been up for almost 24 hours now. Time for bed!

David

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, sorry, haven't been on the computer in a while.

Sorry to confuse you, but I'm the Allison that emailed you a while back. I'm sure many Allisons have emailed you, so that probably confused you even more. I'm the 15 year old who's been playing the piano since I was little, and love your music and all that. My email's:
Angel_Chick123123@hotmail.com.
Remember me? Knew you wouldn't:P

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm glad you had a good time in San Francisco :D

~*Allison Novak*~

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about your blog. Sounds interesting, and I hope to tune in periodically.

Btw, I appreciate the link to www.solopianoradio.com sent in your mass e-mail. Nice.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home