Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Coming Soon from Pianist David Nevue...

I think I just settled on the title for my next album....


I had been contemplating "Adoration 2" as a title for awhile, since the album was born right out of the "Adoration" recording sessions. However, I really didn't want to get into the "sequel" mentality. "Adoration 2" seemed a bit too lazy. I wanted a stronger title, something that still obviously carried on from "Adoration," but that would create a sense of progression from one place in time to another.

I wasn't sure about the title at first, but once we put the text on the cover shot we planned for it, well, I really, really like it.

BTW, the cover shot was taken by Yours Truly. It's the steeple from an old Methodist church in Lonerock, Oregon.

What do you think? Post your comments.

David Nevue
http://www.davidnevue.com
http://www.twitter.com/davidnevue

4 Comments:

Blogger Michele McLaughlin said...

Ooh - I really like it!!! And the cover art, very nice. Was that one of the pictures you took on your way home from SLC? Looks great! Can't wait to hear the album. ~Michele

3:11 PM  
Blogger David Nevue said...

Thanks, Michele!

It was actually taken awhile ago on my way back from a concert in Boise. If you look back in time at my blog you'll see some postings called "The Boise/Oregon Ghost Town Tour". That's when we got the photo.

I want to go back as soon as I get some decent weather and take some more shots now that I know this is the cover.

David

3:19 PM  
Blogger d said...

Perfect title, David and a wonderful capture of the church steeple!

As much as I am a devoted fan of your music I truly appreciate the deliberate thought and effort you put into the “album art” which envelopes each of your CDs. Before I even pop the CD into the player I carefully remove the cover from the jewel case to study all the artwork… and read each & every word.
I am filled with anticipation of how your final “package” will actually appear!

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also looking forward to see the final package. We're loving it. Best. Product. Ever! Nice work on your revelation.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home