Wednesday, April 20, 2005

One of the many reasons I do this....

I just recevied this email from a "fan." I'm sharing this with his permission. This is what it's all about....

"I just wanted to thank you for being that inspiration that finally pushed me into realizing my dream. I am 38 years old and have always wanted to play the piano but just never made it a top priority. After reading the book "Purpose Driven Life" It occured to me that I am supposed to be using my talent to glorify God somehow. I have a good ear for music and have always been able to pick out a tune and repeat it on the keyboard, but have never read music. Anyway, now that I have cleaned up my life ( drugs, alcohol, etc...) and bugun my walk with Jesus, I am serious about my destiny. I am taking lessons from the lady that plays for our church and I have never felt more satisfied in any other endevour. One night I was surfing the internet for piano music and stumbled on to your website. Hearing you play almost brought tears to my eyes (I am not one to cry). Since then I have had a very clear vision of how I want to play. I know there is music trying to get out of me, but until I heard you play I didn't know how it should sound. Now here is the last little amazing part to my story. A few months ago I was at the Valley River Center Mall in Eugene, OR. just hanging with my wife as she shopped. I heard someone playing piano in the center court, so I went to listen. I sat at a distance and watched this man play for a long time ( first time my wife was ready to leave the mall before me). It was absolutely beautiful the way he played and sounded familiar. The other day I was looking at your website and I went to the section that shows where you are playing. Once I saw that you play at the Valley River Center a lot, it hit me like a ton of bricks; that was you. I downloaded the sheet music for your version of "Silent Night " and I have made it my goal to play that song in church by Christmas. I know with God's help and your inspiration I will do that and more. Just wanted to say thank you. " - Gary

Letters like this keep me going. They are SUCH an encouragement and an affirmation that, at least for the time being, God's desire for me is to be a pianist/performer/composer. It makes me confident that I am doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing for the glory of God's kingdom.

Honestly I feel so unworthy of this gift. I thank God for it every day.

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home