Monday, November 07, 2005

Notes from the Piano - Nov. 2005

Hi Everyone,

Here's my latest newsletter, edited somewhat for content. It just
went out yesterday. If you'd like to subscribe, go to
http://www.davidnevue.com/subscribe.htm




Notes from the Piano of David Nevue
November 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------

E-News for friends and fans of pianist David Nevue
http://www.davidnevue.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------

THIS ISSUE....
- WINTER CONCERT in PORTLAND, OR
- BOOKING NOW for CA, TX, OR, WA, ID and ELSEWHERE...
- MORE SHEET MUSIC in November
- DAVID NEVUE CDs for CHRISTMAS!
- INCREDIBLE $5 CD SPECIAL
- OTHER NEWS...
- WHISPERINGS: Solo Piano Radio

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. I have much to cover in this
newsletter, including concert appearances for the holidays. I'm
now booking concerts for 2006 and would like your help setting up
a concert schedule in about a dozen states across the U.S. for
next year. More on that in a moment.

First and foremost, I want to thank a few people who made my last
few concert stops in the midwest such a big success. Pulling
together a concert, whether it be a house concert or a formal
event, is a TON of work. So my heartfelt thanks goes out to...

Philip and Elizabeth Wesley of St. Louis, MO
Jerry and Dawn Higgs of East Moline, IL
Jackie Van Ahn and Kathy Bilbrey of Des Moines, IA
and John and Catherine Mockler and family of Dubuque, IA

My last tour of the midwest was wonderful, thanks in part to each
and every one of you. I thank you all for your kindness and
support for my music.

ALSO, I need to call special attention to someone else - Pam
Asberry of Dacula, GA. Pam is a piano teacher who put together a
concert and workshop for me in the Atlanta, GA area last
September. She spent MONTHS helping her students learn my music
in preparation for the workshop, and then on top of that, she
brought nearly 100 people to the concert! It was an extraordinary
effort and she went to an awful lot of work. So Pam, thank you
very much. If any of you out there in the Atlanta, area need a
piano teacher, well I can certainly recommend one!

----

WINTER CONCERT in PORTLAND, OREGON

On November 19th, at 7:00 pm I'm playing a FREE CONCERT at
Sherman Clay Piano in PORTLAND, OR. It's open to anyone and
everyone, and if you're in the area, I'd really love to see you
there. The address is 131 NW 13th Ave., Portland, OR 97209.
You'll find directions and a map at
http://www.shermanclay.com/@moesp/mo_location.htm . Please e-mail
me at dnevue@rainmusic.com and let me know if you plan on
attending so I can get a head count. Thanks!


Also in November....

EUGENE, OR, November 11th, 5:30-7:00pm
I will be playing a silent-auction fundraiser for Willamette
Christian School in Eugene. The address is 2500 W. 18th Ave.,
Eugene, OR 97402. Call Diana at the school at 686-8655 for
information on that.

EUGENE, OR, November 20th
I'll be playing from 6-9pm at the "Festival of Giving" at Valley
River Center in Eugene.

EUGENE, OR, THANKSGIVING WEEKEND
I'll be playing at Valley River Center from...
11am-4pm on Friday, the 25th
11am-4pm on Saturday, the 26th
1pm-5pm on Sunday, the 27th.


In December I have a bunch of dates set for Valley River Center
as well. See http://www.davidnevue.com/calendar.htm for a
complete list.

---

DAVID LANZ in CONCERT in Seattle, WA!

My friend and fellow pianist David Lanz has asked me to help him
let folks in the Seattle area know about his upcoming
concert/workshop this Saturday, November 5th at 7:00 at Washburn
Piano. If you haven't seen David play, it's a real treat,
especially in such an intimate environment! Don't miss this show.
Tickets are $13 for Adults, $8 for piano students if you register
online (a couple bucks more at the door). More details
at http://davidlanz.com/workshop.shtml

---

BOOKING NOW for 2006....

I'm ACTIVELY BOOKING piano concerts for northern California,
Texas, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Georgia, Missouri, Alabama,
Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin in 2006. I MIGHT be booking
concerts for Michigan, Indiana and Ohio as well.

If you live in any of these states (or nearby), and would like to
help put together a concert, please get in touch with me. I would
LOVE the chance to come and play a concert for your
church, event, benefit, or even a HOUSE CONCERT if you have a
decent piano. Imagine how great it would be to invite all your
family and friends for an intimate piano concert at your home!

For details on what's involved, email me at dnevue@rainmusic.com

Here's where I plan to be (as of now) and when...

CALIFORNIA in March, 2006: I'm doing a concert in Vacaville, CA
on March 18th and would like to book others shows around that
weekend. If you live in the northern half of California and are
interested in the possibility of having me come to play your
church, event, benefit, or even a concert at your house, let me
know.

TEXAS in May, 2006: I would like to put together a tour of the
great state of TEXAS for May. I need YOUR HELP to make this
happen. If you'd like to arrange to have me come play for your
church, event, or even a house concert anywhere in TEXAS, contact
me right away. I'm hoping to book four or five concerts across
the state.

OREGON, WASHINGTON and IDAHO, June-August 2006: I'd like to book
three mini-tours throughout Oregon, Washington and Idaho for the
summer. Interested? Contact me at dnevue@rainmusic.com

MISSISSIPPI, GEORGIA and ALABAMA, September 2006: I have concerts
scheduled in MISSISSIPPI and GEORGIA centering around September
7th-10th. I would like to book other shows around these dates in
these states and possibly ALABAMA. If you would like to book a
concert in one of these states, let me know ASAP.

MICHIGAN, INDIANA and OHIO, Late September 2006: This is still
very tentative, but if you'd like to start working on some
concert possibilities, let me know. At the very least, I'll know
you're out there and interested.

IOWA, WISCONSIN and MINNESOTA, October 2006: I am looking at a
possible return concert in Dubuque, IOWA in early October. Along
with that, I would like to book concerts in WISCONSIN as well as
MINNESOTA while I'm nearby.

Again, let me know if you're in these areas and interested in
setting up a concert. Just email me at dnevue@rainmusic.com

If you live ELSEWHERE, but you'd really like to have me put on a
concert for you, please still feel free to contact me. We'll see
what we can possibly fit into the calendar.

--

MORE SHEET MUSIC..
A lot of folks have been contacting me wondering when more sheet
music will be available. Soon, I hope! I am very sorry for the
delay in getting more out. With all the traveling I've been
doing, it's been difficult to get more done. The process of
getting a new song out there as sheet music is much more involved
that you might think it would be.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have at least three Christmas tunes from my
CD "O Come Emmanuel" out by the end of this month. We'll see if I
make it! After that, I hope to put out about dozen more songs in
2006. I'm going to make every effort to do that.

Are there any particular songs you'd like to vote for? Let me
know. Cast your vote be sending an email with your sheet music
request to me at dnevue@rainmusic.com

--

CDs for CHRISTMAS...

With the holidays coming up, please consider purchasing some of
my CDs for friends and family as gifts. I would very much
appreciate your support. http://www.davidnevue.com/albums.htm

Also, right now, I'm offering an....

INCREDIBLE $5 CD SPECIAL!

I just manufactured another 1000 copies of my second album,
"While the Trees Sleep". The trouble is, I need to quickly sell a
few hundred to make room for other stock coming in (most notably,
more Christmas CDs!).

So I'm selling "While the Trees Sleep" for $5 for a limited time.
Buy as many as you want - give them out as gifts for co-workers,
friends, family, even your friendly neighborhood postal worker!
This offer is ONLY available from my web site. You can make this
very special purchase from
http://www.davidnevue.com/albums/wtts_special.htm

---

OTHER NEWS...

My CD "Overcome" hit ..2 on the New Age Reporter charts last
month. New Age Reporter is the "Billboard"-style magazine that
covers and charts radio play for acoustic, world, folk, ambient
and "new age" style music. This simply means that among radio
stations that play these styles of music, "Overcome" hit the ..2
most played spot. Cool, huh?

I'm still busy at work on my TENTH album, tentatively called
"Hymns." I hope to release that by the end of summer. The
ELEVENTH album, containing mostly original music, will be
released less than a year after that.

Professional photographers have been taking a great interest in
my music of late. Several are using it on their web sites. One of
the most recent is Tobi Bos Photography. See the web site, and
hear the music, at http://www.tobibosphotography.com . I'm going
to be catering my music more to this market over the next few
months.

---

WHISPERINGS RADIO
As you spend your eight to ten hours at "work" during the day,
tune into Whisperings: Solo Piano Radio. The broadcast is a huge
hit! We have over 120,000 people a month tuning in now, making it
one of the most popular broadcasts on the Internet. At Live365,
which is the Internet's largest hosted radio network, we are in
the top ten most popular stations for ALL music genre's!

If you have a fast Internet connection, you can tune in anytime.
The broadcast is commercial and ad-free! Just point your browser
to http://www.solopianoradio.com and click on "Listen Now."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this time. If you have any questions about
anything, just email me at dnevue@rainmusic.com

David Nevue
http://www.davidnevue.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home