Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A Weekend Just for Fun and Relaxation....

What a treat I had this last weekend.

One of my "fans" (I really don't like that word - "fans" are just friends I haven't met yet!) works at a condominium on the Oregon Coast. He emailed me a couple months ago and offered my wife and I a free weekend there! So, for the first time in two years, my wife and I left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa and went away by ourselves for the weekend just to relax - no work and all play! I haven't done that in a very long time.

It was SOOOO nice for my wife and I to just hang out together. We really needed it.

We had a wonderful view of the ocean. You really couldn't get too much closer without getting wet! Here are some pictures taken by guests from the view just outside the room.

The condo is in Lincoln City, Oregon, which is a favorite spot for us. We used to drive there quite a bit when we were younger, back in the EARLY days of our marriage (way before kids!). We also spent a day in Newport and ate at a couple of wonderful restaurants. And if you ever go to Depot Bay, I highly recommend the "Sea Hag" for their fish and chips. Mmm mmm mmm! Tasty!

Even without the kids in tow, we of course talked alot about them and made a mental checklist of fun places to take them later this summer. I sure hope we get the chance to!

Thank you to Don Cooper and Ocean Terrace for a wonderful weekend!

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home