Saturday, July 16, 2005

Starry Starry Night at Oakway Center...

Ah, one of my favorite things about Summer time! Playing piano at Oakway Center in Eugene!

I just had another gig there tonight, playing out in the courtyard, out under the sun and later the stars of twilight! I so enjoy playing there.

Tonight was interesting, because as it turned out, they double-booked the evening. So not only was I booked, a "Youth Arts" jazz band was booked, too. So I played from 6-7, then the kids band played some classic jazz, then I was back on the piano performing from 8:15-9:15.

It was quite interesting because as it neared the time for the Youth Band to come on, I almost felt like I was opening for them. LOTS of parents had shown up so there were a couple hundred people sitting on the grass there in the courtyard. And there was little ol' me playing the piano while these kids were getting all set up right next to me.

And then 7pm came, and the band kicked into their set. I headed off to the side to visit with my good friend, Matt Haverly, who is also my Cellist. Well, he's not really "my" cellist, but he's the only cellist I know, and a really good one too, so I like to think of him as "my cellist" anyway.
:) Matt and I have done a couple of performances together and I expect to do more in the future.

And while I was visiting with my good friend, the cellist, I had mint chocolate chip ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm. I should have gotten a smaller size, as it turned out.

And then, after about 8:15, I starting playing the piano again until the dark of night set in.

What a very nice evening. :)

If you're in the Eugene area, you should come out sometime when I'm playing there. It's a great place. I absolutely LOVE the vibe there.

It's RELAXED!

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home