Saturday, July 16, 2005

Sneak Peak...

Film composer Jace Vek, whose music I'm a HUGE fan of, has been working on some orchestral adaptations of my music - basically turning it into film music. We are toying with the idea of a future CD collaboration combining my piano music with his wonderful orchestral touch.

Here's a sneak peak of a "rough" draft.

The Vigil - The Film Version

Be patient, the "orchestra" comes in about a minute into the song. CRANK it UP for best enjoyment. It takes the song to another world. I love it.

David

8 Comments:

Blogger David Delgado said...

Fabulous. Wow. Incredible.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredible - masterful - can't wait to hear more of it, and I'm jealous to have my music orchestrated like that, too! (grin)
For the Kingdom,
Fred

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS:
Added your blog to my RSS Blog feeds - look forward to reading it as often as you post.
Blessings to ya,
Fred

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The song is incredibly beautiful. I like the "original" but with the orchestration it gives me goosebumps. I don't know if it's every pianists dream, but it is mine to have an orchestra behind me someday. Congrats!

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been listening to you for quite some time now and consider you one of my favorite pianists I have ever heard. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing your work continue to get better and I wish you success beyond what you have already.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just listened to this piece and I'm blown away. What an incredible complement you both make to each other's music! A whole new dimension and sound that's greater than the sum of its parts. You can bet I'll be first in line to buy the CD, and we'll have it in "power rotation" on Mystic Soundscapes Radio! Great work.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Rich Swingle said...

Way cool.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Susan Davis said...

David,

Masterful ..... inspiring... moving.... you take me into the Throne room.... His presence in every note. You are truly annointed.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home