Friday, July 08, 2005

My Day at The Oregon Garden...

A couple years ago this sign popped up alongside I-5 just north of Salem, OR advertising "The Oregon Garden." I've been curious about it all this time and finally, last weekend, I took my family there.

All I can say is, Wow! This place is truly an Oregon treasure! It's a HUGE garden on 80 acres of land and it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever had the pleasure of visiting.

I only wished I lived closer so I could visit it more often. I think I'd go there a lot, just to chill out, enjoy the sun, and take in the inspiration. I liked The Oregon Garden so much I am thinking of approaching them about doing a thematic piano CD for them inspired by the place.

Take a look - you'll find their web site at http://www.oregongarden.org/ .

The photos on the web site, while beautiful, are really two-dimensional compared to the real thing. This place is like the Oregon version of Eden.

If you live in Oregon, take your family to visit and support the place. It's $8 admission for adults (kids are free), but it's totally worth the price.

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home