Monday, November 07, 2005

An Unexpected Treat...

I had a really unexpected treat this weekend....

I got a call on Saturday afternoon from one of my old booking agents - his name is Maka. He's no longer my booking agent as he left the music business for awhile for personal reasons.

Anyway, he also used to work with another pianist named William Joseph. Well, as it turns out, William is now on tour with Clay Aiken as the opening act, and he asked Maka to return to work for him to help with security, selling CDs and crowd management. So, my old friend Maka is currently assisting on Clay's 40 city Christmas tour, "A Joyful Noise."

I didn't know all this until Saturday afternoon, when Maka gave me a call out of the blue. You see, Clay Aiken played here in my home town Saturday night - and Maka had some free tickets for me if I wanted them. Well, of course I wanted them!

My wife and I managed to get some quick child care (thanks to "grandma" and we headed to the concert just four hours later. We got their, picked up our tickets at will call, and found out they were front row seats!

So we had a very pleasant "holiday" evening at Clay's concert. And William Joseph was fantastic as well.

Cheers!

David Nevue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home