Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Project Updates....

Wow, what a relief it's been to actually NOT be traveling for three whole months! I have learned a very important lesson - when I'm traveling, I don't write music! I'm too busy!

Now that I've been home a couple of weeks I've started writing and arranging in earnest. There are two main CD projects I'm working on. The first is an album of traditional hymns, which will be arranged in "David Nevue" style.

So far, the songs in the works for this album include:

1) Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
2) It is Well With My Soul
3) Fairest Lord Jesus
4) My Jesus, I Love Thee
5) Crown Him Lord of All
6) Amazing Grace
7) 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
8) Praise to the Lord
9) I'll Walk With Him Always
10) Jesus, Love of My Soul
11) How Great Thou Art
12) Blessed Assurance
13) Just as I Am
14) Holy, Holy, Holy
15) Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow
16) He is Exalted
17) Be Thou My Vision
18) Take My Life and Let it Be

I'll probably end up leaving a few of those out, but those are the arrangements in the works. I think it's going to be a GREAT album for anyone who appreciates both my piano style and hymn arrangements.

In addition, I'm working on an album of new original music. However, this CD will include some arrangements, too. Arrangements for that CD include:

1) Morning Has Broken
2) The Water is Wide
3) Adagio in G Minor (by Albinoni)
4) Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (Rachmaninov)

On the last two songs, I have a LOT of work to do, but I'm hoping I can pull them off. I've really been wanting to do some "David Nevue" arrangements of some of my favorite classical tunes, so I'm starting with those two.

In addition, that album will have at least ten new songs.

So that's what I've been working on. I'm hoping I have have most of the arranging on these done by the end of summer. Then I can spend the next few months playing and refining them, and then recording the two albums next spring/summer perhaps for release by Christmas of 2006.

So that's what I've been working on...

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home