Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Nov. 19th "Winter" Concert

On November 19th, I'll be playing my "winter" concert at Sherman Clay piano up in Portland, Oregon. I'm really excited about this show - more than usual - for this time I'll be playing a number of songs I don't usually play in a concert setting. So this set list feels "new and refreshing" for me.

Here's my planned set list...

The Vigil
A Midnight Rain*
While the Trees Sleep
Solitude*
Racing the Northern Lights*
Wonderland*
Big Snow in Salzburg

Overcome
Winter Walk*
When the Hard Rains Come* (tentative)
A Delicate Joy* (first concert performance of unreleased song)
Sweet Dreams and Starlight
Greensleeves*
O Come Emmanuel*
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen*

In Hope of Spring* (Encore)

All the songs with asterisks are deviation from my normal "concert" routine. More than half the set are songs I don't usually perform in a concert setting.

So why am I doing it different than usual? Well, in part it's because it is the "Winter" show and so that's the theme I'm going for. So I'm pulling out some older tunes and some that aren't quite as popular to fit the bill accordingly.

And then of course, there are the Christmas-y tunes, which I don't normally perform unless it's the holidays. Anyway, this is going to be a great show. I think the fact that I'm playing material that's not in my normal routine will really get me jazzed up for it.

If you're in the Portland area, I invite you to come down for the show. You won't regret it.

Cheers!

David Nevue
http://www.davidnevue.com
http://www.solopianoradio.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you would come to Memphis one day... Your concerts seem so great.
Maybe I could get my church to come up with something for you and beg. :)

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home