Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I Turned 40 Today...

... or as I keep telling my son, Nathan, I'm not 40, I'm $39.95. :)

It's so hard to believe I've hit the big 4 - 0H. Twenty seems like just yesterday. Every year passes faster and faster and faster and faster.

What really makes me so aware of this is just watching my kids grow up. As a parent, you have to really MAKE THE EFFORT to spend quality time with your kids, because if you just let life happen and let the busy-ness overtake you, it would be so easy to just turn around and they're all grown up.

Every day with my kids is so precious. I am so thankful now that I'm doing music full-time and not working a second job on top of that like it used to be. What a blessing to be home and around my kids all day. At least while I work, I can see them smile and hear them laugh.

David Nevue
http://www.davidnevue.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, 39.95! That's what I'll tell my mom in January...
You're so sweet. I wish I had a father like you.
I love to hear about your life asd a parent. it makes me :)!

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend and I are doing a short performance in Dec (2 pianos/4 hands) at the local shopping mall. I "happened" upon your website while looking for something else and ended up spending quite a bit of time; you have much to offer any pianist. Anyway.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you're still very productive, David!

Happy 40 and another 40 ++ to come.

From someone who passed that lonnnng ago and would love to see it again.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home